Friday, January 16, 2009

I just won the lottery...

For years, my wife and I have been buying lottery tickets. We understand that the chances of winning the lottery are supposed to be more remote than getting struck by lightning -- which has never happened to me. Still, we buy because the impact of winning far exceeds the cost of $1; and the joy we experience just thinking about winning is well worth the dollar.

We have never used this as future income when setting up our budget. We generally only dream about what we would do with the winnings on rare occasions when we wonder how our expenses got so high this month, but we buy.

It dawned on us a few months back that we had already won the lottery. No, we didn't win Lotto or Powerball or Megabucks or even a scratch-off card. What we won and continue to win are all the treasures that are in our life now -- 5 kids including twin babies, a nice house, great friends and continued wonderful business ideas.

Each week we win the lottery in the opportunities that present themselves to us to gain more success, to achieve more and to teach more. It is our responsibility to take hold of those opportunities and make them ours. Those are the real lotteries.

I will be writing weekly to let you know how I "won the lottery" this week with great relationships, new ideas, new products and services. I hope you'll join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment